There are three different DUI offenses in Arizona – regular DUI, extreme DUI, and super extreme DUI – depending on the level of blood alcohol concentration (BAC). If you have been charged with super extreme DUI in Surprise, Arizona, you may be facing serious penalties. Contact Stewart Law Group as soon as possible and a dedicated super extreme DUI defense lawyer can help.
Why Choose Stewart Law Group?
- Our Surprise, Arizona super extreme DUI attorneys have defended thousands of clients against criminal charges.
- Our team is made up of former prosecutors who understand how the State builds its case and the best defenses against it.
- Our experienced criminal defense lawyers are committed to fighting for the best possible outcome in your super extreme DUI case.
What Is Super Extreme DUI?
Of the three levels of DUI in Arizona, super extreme DUI is the most serious. This offense is charged for driving with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .20% or higher. Although it is a class one misdemeanor under Arizona Revised Statutes Section 28-1382, the same as standard DUI, super extreme DUI carries heavier penalties.
What Are the Penalties for Super Extreme DUI?
Super extreme DUI is the most serious driving under the influence charge in Arizona. Penalties for a first offense – or if you have had no DUI convictions for the previous seven years — are increased from regular DUI (BAC of .08% or higher) and extreme DUI (BAC of .15% or higher). If you have been charged with super extreme DUI, you may be facing the possibility of:
- Mandatory 45 consecutive days in jail (31 of which might be suspended if you get an ignition interlock device)
- $3,750 in jail costs and fees
- $3,244 in fines and surcharges
- Substance abuse screening (cost $50)
- 36 mandatory alcohol abuse classes (cost $585)
- 90 days driver’s license suspension
- Ignition interlock device for 18 months (installation costs $1,500 to $1,800)
- Up to five years of probation
- Possible vehicle impoundment
Insurance Costs with Super Extreme DUI Conviction
Your license will be suspended for three months after a super extreme DUI conviction. When your driving privileges are restored, you will be required to purchase SR-22 insurance for three years at a cost of $500 per year, for a total of $1,500. An SR-22 is a certificate that proves you carry car insurance, filed by the insurance company with the state. If your policy lapses, the insurance company is required to contact the DMV. In addition, your car insurance premiums are likely to increase significantly.
Defenses Against Super Extreme DUI
If you have been charged with super extreme DUI, it does not necessarily mean that you will be convicted of that offense. Our experienced Surprise, Arizona DUI defense lawyers will find every weakness in the prosecution’s case and raise every possible defense on your behalf. Depending on the circumstances, we may ask questions about:
- The actual BAC level – how much over .20%
- Signs of intoxication – how you were driving
- Any possible issues with the blood testing process
- Possible constitutional or procedural violations
- Possible disconnect between test results and your behavior
Contact Scott David Stewart Today.
Our experienced super extreme DUI defense lawyers in Surprise, Arizona will tenaciously and aggressively pursue the best possible outcome in your super extreme DUI case. Call us today for a free case evaluation and to discuss your options.